You are invited to help support our 12th Annual Charity Fundraiser, the Kaye/Bassman Foundation’s “Rock the Cure” at the Concrete Cowboy (click here to learn more)! Join us October 18th as we support two worthy beneficiaries – Baylor Health Care Systems Cancer Department and Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Since inception, the Foundation has donated over $1,125,000 to our deserving charities, and we appreciate your support as we continue to make a tremendous impact on these two worthy organizations!
In 2010, we lost our dear friend and Partner Cindy Ornish after a long and courageous battle with breast cancer. Cindy was a 19 year veteran of KBIC, and inspired all of us with her strength and determination. Cindy’s last wish was for the Kaye/Bassman Foundation to allocate funds to the Baylor Cancer Program. We are thrilled that through the generosity of our supporters, we were able to name an exam room in Cindy’s honor at the Innovative Clinical Trials Center at Baylor Charles A Sammons Cancer Center. Four months ago, our own Tracy Kaye was diagnosed with breast cancer, and the team at Baylor has been alongside her every step of the way for this successful fight. The staff at Baylor has given so much to Kaye/Bassman over the years, and it is our privilege to give back to them in return.
We also support Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a form of MD that typically limits itself to male youth. Symptoms usually appear before age 6, and by age 12, most patients are confined to a wheelchair. There is no known cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Treatment aims to control symptoms to maximize quality of life. The Association’s programs are funded almost entirely by individual private contributors. MDA seeks no government grants, United Way funding or fees from those it serves. We are personally connected to this cause as one of our former Partner’s sons has been diagnosed with the disease. We are hopeful to provide funding for a cure.
Our Sponsors for 2014 included:
Rock the Cure – Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Sponsors
- Christian Moreno with Lockton Dunning Benefits
- Dan Wilburn, Healthcare IT MEDITECH Practice, Kaye/Bassman International
- Signature Back Office Solutions
- Willow Bend Fitness Club
Rock the Cure – Grammy Award Sponsors
- CEO, Inc.
- Eric & Wendy Dickerson, Kaye/Bassman International
- Michael Hurst, Gruber Hurst Johansen Hail Shank LLP
- Chip & Sheryl Kaye and Family
- Chris Melillo & Megan Hall, Energy Practice, Kaye/Bassman International
- Harold & Judy Kaye
- Nicholas & Lauren Turner
- David Watts, Senior Portfolio Manager, UBS Financial Services
Rock the Cure – Platinum Record Sponsors
- Tom Sutherland, CASE Commercial Real Estate Partners
- Bob & Sandy Bassman, Bassman Advisory Group
- Erin Bent, Luke Peters, & Ashley Richards – Kaye/Bassman International
- Kevin Brand, Financial Advisor with Spectrum Financial Group
- Brian Cole, Medical Device Specialty Practice, Kaye/Bassman International
- Nathan Courville, Insurance Practice – Kaye/Bassman International
- Direct Recruiters, Inc.
- Shane & Yvette Graham, Kaye/Bassman International
- Elke & Mark Jenison, Kaye/Bassman International
- Mikael Kyling, International Business Travel
- Navin, Haffty & Associates
- Next Level Marketing Communications
- Irwin & Sharon Ornish
- The Sanford Rose Associates® Network of Companies
- Stan & Barbara Rabin
- Ken & Jana Swenke, Kaye/Bassman International
- Greg & Teresa Zoch, Kaye/Bassman International